What services does NMHIC HIE provide for healthcare organizations?
Core HIE Services
- NMHIC HIE Clinical Portal – access to patient’s centralized record.
- Includes Clinical Data Repository, Enterprise Master Patient Index, Privacy & Consent Management, and HIPAA Auditing.
- Hospitalization Events Notifications - provides notifications when a patient is admitted or discharged, seen in the ED, or when clinical results are available.
- Direct Secure Messaging – web based secure messaging embedded in the NMHIC Portal, includes HISP Services (Provider Directory, Certificate management, Verification of Message Delivery).
- eHealth Exchange Network Gateway – access to the eHealth Exchange Network to exchange patient information with other HIEs and federal agencies. (recently tested and now live)
- Workflow Integration Services: Integrate NMHIC Portal in participant organization’s EHR (Single Sign On), send to my EMR, query retrieval, custom event notifications, and consent flag automation via ADT messages.
- Public Health Reporting – NMHIC has been authorized to provide hospitals’ Reportable Lab Results reporting and Syndromic Surveillance reporting to NM Department of Health.
In addition, NMHIC is working with other HIEs along the New Mexico state lines.
For more information about services.